SHIPPING AND RETURNS
Shipping and Returns
Federal / State Firearms Regulations:
Please Note: As of 7/21/16, SV Precision has halted shipping orders to the State of Massachusetts. This is at the order of the Massachusetts Attorney General in accordance with new interpretations of the Massachusetts assault weapons ban. Sorry for the inconvenience.
All Federal and State firearms regulations are available on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,Firearms and Explosives (ATF) website www.ATF.gov . The following information was taken directly from the publications available on this website and are intended to utilized as a guide and are not intended to be wholly inclusive of the entire Gun Control Act of 1968 or any state legislation. For more information regarding the entirety of all Federal and State firearms regulations please consult the information provided at the above website.
You must be of proper age to purchase a handgun from a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer (FFL)
You must be of proper age to purchase a long gun from a FFL dealer
All handguns must be transferred from an FFL dealer to the customer in the state of the customer’s residence
Long guns can be purchased and transferred to a resident of any state in any state provided that the transfer is legal in both the purchaser’s state and the state in which the transfer is taking place
· State residency regulations vary from state to state. Please click the following link
(http://www.atf.gov/publications) to see if the firearm you are interested in can be transferred to you from our location.
· Customers must complete the federal ATF F 4473 and pass the required Brady Act background check before a firearm can be transferred
All State paperwork (in addition to the ATF F 4473) must be completed prior to the transfer of a firearm to the purchaser. All state or locally required WAITING PERIODS begin when the purchaser patronizes the FFL dealers place of business and completes the required Federal and State paperwork. Waiting periods DO NOT begin when the firearm is paid for on-line or when the firearm is shipped.
As is discussed in ATF FFL Newsletter February 2011:
(http://www.atf.gov/publications/newsletters/ffl/ffl-newsletter-2011-02.pdf) the ATF considers any non-prohibiting language in state law with regard to residents purchasing long guns in other state to be considered enabling. Therefore if a state law “enables” purchase of long guns outside of its state borders it is interpreted to mean that residents can purchase long guns in any state as long as it is not prohibited by the state’s law
where the intended purchase is taking place. This is also intended to be interpreted in the reverse – allowing non-residents to purchase long guns in the FFL’s state regardless of the proximity of that purchaser’s state (provided that both states do not have prohibitive language in their legislation).
All State required purchase cards and waiting periods must be observed prior to the transfer of any firearm in any state.
• California: Residents of California can only be transferred a firearm in the state of California.
(CA Pen. Code 12072.C & 12048(d)(7)(A))
• Connecticut: Residents of Connecticut can purchase long guns in any state. They must posses a valid Firearms purchase permit or a current CT hunting license. If they do not have one of these qualifications they must observe the 2 week waiting period before
the transfer of the firearm can be made. A resident of any state can purchase a
long gun in the state of CT provided they posses a valid CT hunting license. If a
CT hunting license is not in their possession they must observe the 2 week
waiting period prior to being transferred the firearm.
(CT Gen. Stat 23-37a(b))
• Illinois: Residents of IL can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a valid IL FOID (Firearms Owners Identification Card) and observe the 24 hour waiting period as is
mandated by IL law. Residents of any state can purchase long guns in the state of IL
provided they posses valid non-resident IL hunting license. (IL. Comp. Stat. 430.65/3a)
Note: the 24 hour waiting period is a true 24 hour clock (Transaction started at
3pm on Monday – customer can pick up their firearm beginning at 3pm on Tuesday)
• Maryland: Residents of Maryland can purchase non-regulated (shotguns and non-assault style rifles) long guns in any other state. Residents any can purchase non-regulated long guns in Maryland.
(MD Code 5-204:5-123;124)
Note: for a list of regulated firearms in the state of Maryland
please refer to www.ATF.gov
• Mass.:Massachusetts residents can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a valid MA F.I.D. (Firearms Identification Card) or a Class A or Class B Concealed Weapons Permit.
Non-residents can not purchase firearms in the state of Massachusetts.
(Mass. Gen. L. Chapter 140.131E)
• New Jersey: Residents of the state of New Jersey can purchase long guns in any state provided they
posses a valid NJ F.I.D. (Firearms Identification Card) Non-residents must
posses a valid NJ F.I.D. card to purchase a long gun in the state of NJ.
(NJ Code 2C:58-3)
• R.I.: Residents of Rhode Island can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a signed application for purchase of firearm and observe a 7 day waiting period that begins at noon the day after the purchase application is signed.Residents of any state can purchase a long gun in the state of RI provided they have a signed application for purchase of a firearm and observe the 7 day waiting period that begins at noon the day after the purchase application is signed.
(R.I. Gen. Laws 11-47-35.2)
At this time, SV Precision ships merchandise to locations within the United States and U.S. territories, including Alaska and Hawaii, but not to other international locations. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier.
SV Precision, usually uses USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and UPS Ground A shipping provider is selected based on size, content & value of the product being shipped at SV Precision discretion. Should you require expedited shipping, please contact us first for pricing.
NOTE: INSURANCE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SHIPPING. TO PURCHASE INSURANCE YOU MUST PURCHASE IT WITH YOUR ORDER. Please contact us via email to request an insurance quote.
Shipping to APO’s:
Due to ITAR Regulations, SV Precision will not ship to APO’s outside the USA
We proudly support the Members of the US Military deployed around the world, however, we must fully comply with all United States export control laws and regulations. Under these laws and regulations a shipment for personal use to an APO/FPO that is physically located outside of the United States must be considered an Export, regardless of your military service status, rank, etc.
SV Precision is not responsible for any damaged shipments. If you have purchased insured shipping and your order is damaged please contact us immediately. A damage claim will be submitted to the designated shipper. Please allow 30-45 days to process your lost claim with the designated shipper. Shipping damage refunds / exchanges do not include any return shipping, shipping insurance costs or handling / processing fees.
The following information is needed in order to process a claim:
Pictures of the damaged box/packaging and the damaged products from all sides
A detailed description of the damage(s)
The damaged product(s) need to be returned to SV Precision within 7 business days after it is inspected by the carrier’s investigator.
SV Precision is not responsible for any lost shipments. If you have purchased insured shipping for your order and your shipment is lost, a lost claim will be submitted to the designated shipper. Please allow up to 30-45 days to process your lost claim with the designated shipper.
All weapon sales are final.